September 21, 2018
Business, Negotiation, Managing Performance, Physician Burnout
Physician leaders are asked daily to do things and make decisions about things that are not covered in medical school or in clinical training. The business of healthcare and hospitals is complex and ever-changing. In order for physicians to step into leadership roles and advocate for their patients and their care teams, it’s important for them to understand the business terms and measurements hospital executives live by.
Greeley’s one-day program will provide the essential business and leadership skills physicians need to ask the right questions and actively participate in the business decisions that affect them. Further, Greeley’s peer-to-peer, interactive sessions will prepare physicians to negotiate and lead practical solutions to both the acute and the chronic challenges that face hospitals and systems.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This program will provide experienced, new, and potential physician leaders with the essential skills they need to lead an effective and collaborative medical staff. Greeley has a saying: Teams that Learn Together, Leader Together. Having a single member of the medical staff leadership attend will make a difference, but having a team attend will create a force for change. And having CMOs, and CQOs attend along with physician leaders is a great opportunity to begin a sustainable dialogue, unite around common initiatives, and work from a common playbook.
This intensive one-day program will arm physicians with the knowledge and skills to:
- Make sound financial decisions that balance effective patient care and provider success,
- Assess the financial performance of services and products,
- Conduct an effective negotiation,
- Work with the sources of power and influence,
- Manage poor/marginal performance and disruptive behavior, and
- Differentiate between transactional leadership and transformational leadership.
7:30-8:00 a.m. Registration & Continental Breakfast
- How to Make Sound Financial Decisions: Healthcare Finance for Physician Leaders
- Understanding Costs: How to Read a P&L Statement
- Negotiation for Physician Leaders
12:00-12:30 p.m. Lunch Buffet
- How to Understand and Work with Power and Influence (with and without Authority)
- How to Manage Poor and Marginal Performance, Disruptive Behavior, and Impairment
- Physician Well-Being and Burnout
This one-day event will be presented by Andrew J. Curtin, MD, MBA, a healthcare consultant with leadership experience as a medical staff president, chief of a large hospital department, and partner in a large independent practice. He works with healthcare organizations nationwide on a wide range of healthcare and medical staff leadership issues. A board-certified, practicing radiologist with expertise in neuroradiology, Dr. Curtin also holds an executive MBA from Temple University Fox School of Business. His background includes work in medical information technology and digital imaging, with special interests in the areas of physician performance evaluation; quality, safety and risk assessment; and external peer review.
- A full day of educational sessions
- Detailed course materials
- Breakfast during registration
- Lunch buffet
- CME/CE credits
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
- American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
CONTACT & REGISTRATION DETAILS
If you have specific questions about the program, registration, or group discounts you may call Greeley’s education solutions team at 800-807-9819. A confirmation email with the detailed agenda, plus information on the location, accommodation options, and parking will be sent out to you within one business day of your registration.
Agenda and faculty subject to change without notice.