A better way to prepare for routine and for-cause surveys
Friday, October 11, 2019
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Eastern
12:00 PM Central | 11:00 AM Pacific
Times have changed. The old approach to survey preparation simply does not work for hospitals in 2019. The sheer number of issues hospital leaders are trying to deal with overwhelms even the most robust survey preparation process.
Most routine Joint Commission survey reports have more than 30 findings and will require one or more follow-up surveys to resolve Medicare Condition-level Deficiencies1. State Agencies are also in hospitals investigating complaints or self-reported adverse events on a regular basis, sometimes on behalf of CMS, and these state / CMS survey findings can have catastrophic consequences.
To get a head start, hospitals across the country commission mock surveys, have a complex internal tracer system, and identify problem after problem through root cause analyses. The net result is an overwhelmed survey readiness process with a long inventory of “fixes” that rarely work and do not last.
For over 30 years, The Greeley Company has helped hospitals remove the madness surrounding accreditation and regulatory surveys, now let us show you a better way.
The webinar agenda includes:
- How and why survey readiness processes became overwhelmed
- Greeley’s approach to issue sorting that should be applied to all findings and vulnerabilities (internal tracers, actual survey findings, root cause analyses and patient safety events)
- A new common-sense approach to survey preparation that focuses scarce resources on the issues that really make a difference for quality, safety and compliance.
Who should attend:
- Chief Medical Officers
- CEOs, COOs, and CNOs
- Quality Directors
- Engineering/Plant Services Leaders
- Infection Control Practitioners
- Accreditation Professionals
- Departmental Leaders, including individuals responsible for:
- Operating Room/Perioperative Settings
- Other Procedural Settings
- The Emergency Department
- Inpatient Behavioral Health Units
- Critical Care
|Bud Pate | Vice President, Content
Bud Pate jointed The Greeley Company in 2004 and has subsequently been involved in countless patient safety and compliance consultations, including over 100 successful Joint Commission appeals and countless improvement activities focused on avoiding Medicare termination. Pate has authored seven books on quality, patient safety, patient flow and compliance.
|Lisa Eddy | Advisory Consultant
Lisa is heavily involved in Greeley’s practice of helping organizations facing post survey adverse action and/or CMS decertification, successfully clarifying requirements for improvement and developing CMS plans of correction. She brings 20 years of experience in CMS certification and Joint Commission accreditation and other regulatory agency compliance.