Recorded Live: July 24, 2019
Identifying and Resolving Threats to Medicare Certification
State surveys are a daily occurrence in hospitals across the country. These surveys often blossom into full CMS inspections that threaten the hospital’s Medicare certification — a threat that can become a reality unless the survey is skillfully managed and corrective actions are prompt, effective and sustained.
The Greeley Company is excited to announce a free webinar that will share lessons learned from over 30 years of helping hospitals across the country successfully resolve threats to their Medicare certification and stay out of trouble.
The webinar agenda includes:
- Understanding the differences between state agency/CMS hospital surveys and surveys conducted by the Joint Commission and other accrediting organizations
- Building a mutually beneficial relationship with state surveyors
- Successfully responding to threats of termination, including allegations of immediate jeopardy
- Crafting a realistic plan of correction without making promises you can’t possibly keep
- Successfully passing follow-up visits
Why You Should Attend:
Hospitals leaders, from the C-suite to middle management to quality and compliance, will discover new insights into:
- State and CMS survey hot spots
- CMS termination process
- Plans of correction
- Survey Preparation
Who should attend:
- Chief Medical Officers
- CEOs, COOs, and CNOs
- Quality Directors
- Engineering/Plant Services Leaders
- Infection Control Practitioners
- Accreditation Professionals
- Departmental Leaders, including individuals responsible for:
- Operating Room/Perioperative Settings
- Other Procedural Settings
- The Emergency Department
- Inpatient Behavioral Health Units
- Critical Care
Vice President, ContentBud Pate jointed The Greeley Company in 2004 and has subsequently been involved in countless patient safety and compliance consultations, including over 100 successful Joint Commission appeals and countless improvement activities focused on avoiding Medicare termination. Pate has authored seven books on quality, patient safety, patient flow and compliance.
Advisory ConsultantLisa is heavily involved in Greeley’s practice of helping organizations facing post survey adverse action and/or CMS decertification, successfully clarifying requirements for improvement and developing CMS plans of correction. She brings 20 years of experience in CMS certification and Joint Commission accreditation and other regulatory agency compliance.